An avid reader starts to notice reading personality traits about themselves and fellow readers. When you spend a good portion of your time with a book, your habits start to become a personality style.
Today’s reading personality type strongly resembles me. I have many more to share so stay tuned for the other personality types!
A disheveled reader is the proud owner of these quirks:
- Will cancel all social obligations when in the middle of an amazing book.
- Will hide in a bathroom and read if forced into an all-day social setting.
- Will stealthily read on the Kindle app at sporting events and in PTA meetings.
- Will be reading multiple books at the same time.
- Will stop reading a book in the middle and then start reading it again months later.
- Will start a series and spend years reading it in between many other series.
- Will read most any genre. If it has words, she will check it out.
- Will quit a book if it doesn’t catch her interest in the first few chapters.
- Will not be ashamed to read the ending after only a few chapters.
- Will always have a recommendation for you…she just has to consult her list first.
Anyone feel kinship with this type of reader? Any quirks to add?